Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chocolate Dreams & Inspirations

Chocolate is one of my weak spots, and in case it is one of yours too, I wanted to share this recipe with you.
I have had this 5 minute (yes, that's right) "Chocolate cake in a cup" recipe tucked away on my computer for a year now and finally had a chance to try it. I was very sceptical about how this might work, so I grabbed the biggest cup we had (just to be on the safe side) and tossed it all together:

4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil (I used butter in absence of oil)
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla
Why not add some nuts too?
This makes enough for two, if you are not greedy. Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed that's normal!

When it's all done, take the cup out of the microwave, allow to cool a little and tip onto a plate to make devouring easier. We put the cake in a bowl, added ice cream, sprinkles and whipped cream, mmmmm-mm good! I used a huge cup, but after trying the recipe, I think a regular coffee cup will be big enough. Now- do I think this is the best chocolate cake I've ever had? No, but for the time and effort put into it and satisfying a night time craving- it sure hit the spot and beat running out to get one or spending 1 1/2 hours baking it.

As I am dreaming of chocolte cake here, I wanted to share some other dreamy creations found on Etsy: top right a beautiful necklace by Lillyella. It is so precious I want one right now! Next to the lilypad is a cute bunny by Zygopsyche. I just love the fabric used for the bag by Daphnenen and the retro woolen bird by Catsmiaow.
I am also doing a craft fair this coming weekend, a little scary since we just moved, and everything is a little dishevelled... it should be fun though, I hope to have time and get some space to make a couple of new things for it. :)

No comments:

Finnfactor Design

Finnfactor Design